For over a century fillings made of an amalgam of silver, copper, tin, and one of, if not the most, toxic substances on the planet, mercury, have been used to fill cavities. These fillings are nearly 50% mercury by weight.

The American Dental Association (ADA) considers amalgam fillings to be, “… a safe, affordable and durable material that has been used to restore the teeth of more than 100 million Americans. It contains a mixture of metals such as silver, copper and tin, in addition to mercury, which binds these components into a hard, stable and safe substance. Dental amalgam has been studied and reviewed extensively, and has established a record of safety and effectiveness.”

Please take a few minutes to watch the videos below and then ask yourself if mercury is something you want in your mouth? If you have amalgam fillings are and interested in getting them safely removed, please contact the office for more information.